Sunday, February 10, 2013

...You are the source of my strength...


breakfast before church with a dear sister in Christ, asking me how I was with all that was going on.. and I told her that I was sad, but that God was giving me peace and strength to deal with what's going on 
( in all the different areas )... true statement..

driving home after church, a wave of sadness and despair came over me and that is when I figured it out... what I was telling my friend this morning and have told many others, is true, I am not just pretending to be strong because that's what I should be, Christian that I am, I am strong in Him...but, and that's what I figured out... even being strong in the Lord is a choice I am making again and again, so it is not a status that is permanent just because it is true, it is truth, and that is because the Bible tells me so... but it is a truth I need to choose to stand on... despite me, a human being, who has feelings, is weak, struggles with all kinds of things "on the daily"..... I believe that I receive the strength to even have the strength to choose to stand on the truth, but, it is a choice..
so in those moments, when I feel like I was feeling half an hour ago, I choose to run to my Jesus and hide in His embrace..... until I am strong enough to come out again and face my life...

Carnegie Hall, 285 voices, plus 1 ( Michael W Smith :) a full orchestra and Michael playing the piano, this is one song we sang... and it was heavenly.... taken from Psalm 121, so I know that it is TRUE:

Lord, I will lift my eyes to the hills
Knowing my help is coming from You
Your peace You give me in time of the storm

You are the source of my strength
You are the strength of my life
I lift my hands in total praise to You

You are the source of my strength
You are the strength of my life
I lift my hands in total praise to You

Amen, Amen, Amen, Amen
Amen, Amen, Amen, Amen

You are the source of my strength
You are the strength of my life
I lift my hands in total praise to You

Amen, Amen, Amen, Amen
Amen, Amen, Amen, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment