Thursday, February 28, 2013

..celebrating the maker of the clouds...

... read this yesterday: "The optimist expects clouds to have a silver lining. The faithful one simply celebrates the maker of the clouds.”

as I have come to know God more and more, as my faith in Him has grown over the years, my approach to "clouds" and "storms" and "torrential downpours" has changed dramatically...

I have met Him and I know that He cares about my troubles...

I have seen Him at work and I know there is nothing that He could not change and make better in a split second...

I am sure without a doubt that He always has my best interest in mind, and really, that only He can know what that means..

I have come to love Him more and more, as I understand His love for me more and more... I know about the safety I find in His arms, I know that looking to Him is what I have to do...

in His Word He reveals many things to me... about Himself and His plan for me...  He tells me to fix my eyes on Him, to focus on eternal things rather than on temporary things, he tells me that there will be troubles, but that He has overcome them.. He tells me that with Him all things are possible... that I can persevere, and that in the end He will bring me safely to His Heavenly Kingdom...

as I seek Him, I am in awe of Him more and more and love Him... nothing compared to how much He loves me yet still a love that is HUGE...

so, when the clouds appear, or more clouds, when a storm is brewing, I don't really change anything, I just snuggle a little deeper into my Daddy's arms, knowing that He will keep me safe, no matter what the storm will bring, accepting pain and suffering as a fact, not something to avoid at all cost by putting up self defence mechanisms like trying to manipulate and control situations or people....

I keep spending my time in His Word, in communion with Him, sharing my heart and all of myself.. trying to follow Him, as good as I can... and leaving the rest to Him...

I celebrate Him, the maker of the clouds, the maker of the sunshine and blessing in my life, because I know that in Him is where my hope is...

my mother, when talking about death recently had said to me she would miss the sunshine, once she died... oh, I was so happy to share with her what the Bible tells us Heaven will be like... she got excited and the plan is now to have rooms next to each other in the mansion that Jesus has promised He would have ready for us....

Praise be to God from whom all blessings flow!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment