Saturday, February 9, 2013

..shamelessly growing cancer cells.... and the Holy Spirit...

so, shovelling snow, obviously quite the workout... not so good for you, because it is repetitive movement that stresses out your muscles.. ( 2 1/2 hours of any exercise would kill you )

had to go to the gym this morning to try and stretch out some of those poor abused muscles.. and work them in a good way..

could have never imagined how much I would actually love working out...
I think it is because I bought those magic red running shoes in the summer, inspired by, no surprises here * drum roll*  the one and only Michael W Smith...

but seriously, I think it is because of my dear trainer, who taught me to work out well...  helped me strengthen my poor, old weak core, so that now I can really do all those exercises, and enjoy them.. she has kept me accountable and she has cheered me on...

I think God has blessed me with liking it because I was serious about taking care of His temple, my body... so there, God first, Barb next and then the shoes... that sounds about right...

on Monday I will get on a plane, and another one... they will take me all the way across the ocean to meet with my Mother at the clinic where she will get her first infusion... an infusion of pure poison, administered in the hope it will kill the cancer cells that are so shamelessly growing in her lungs... at the same time she will receive an infusion to help her body cope with this assault.....

it is interesting to realize that I feel as compassionate and protective over my mother as I do over my daughters... I would actually rather suffer myself than have her go through suffering....

can't do that... and that is for a reason : we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.  Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;  perseverance, character; and character, hope.  And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.
( Romans 5 : 2-5 )

the suffering my mother is / will be going through is what is going to do this in her.... praying that she will be open to receive the Holy Spirit... it is all in God's hands.... praying He will use me to this end... praying that His Word will pierce her heart and bring about a godly sorrow that will lead to repentance and the salvation I so desperately desire for her..... trusting Him, I know that He is trustworthy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment