Friday, February 8, 2013

...Plane Tickets and Chemotherapy ...

so it's decided, I am going to go see my beloved Mama, getting on a plane in a few days to take her to her first Chemo therapy appointment... I will be with her for almost a week and I am so thankful I can do this..

feels so right to do that, would feel so very wrong not to be there for her...

read this a little while ago:


"My dear girl, the day you see I’m getting old, I ask you to please be patient, but most of all, try to understand what I’m going through.

If when we talk, I repeat the same thing a thousand times, don’t interrupt to say: “You said the same thing a minute ago”... Just listen, please. Try to remember the times when you were little and I would read the same story night after night until you would fall asleep.

When I don’t want to take a bath, don’t be mad and don’t embarrass me. Remember when I had to run after you making excuses and trying to get you to take a shower when you were just a girl?

When you see how ignorant I am when it comes to new technology, give me the time to learn and don’t look at me that way... remember, honey, I patiently taught you how to do many things like eating appropriately, getting dressed, combing your hair and dealing with life’s issues every day... the day you see I’m getting old, I ask you to please be patient, but most of all, try to understand what I’m going through.

If I occasionally lose track of what we’re talking about, give me the time to remember, and if I can’t, don’t be nervous, impatient or arrogant. Just know in your heart that the most important thing for me is to be with you.

And when my old, tired legs don’t let me move as quickly as before, give me your hand the same way that I offered mine to you when you first walked.

When those days come, don’t feel sad... just be with me, and understand me while I get to the end of my life with love.

I’ll cherish and thank you for the gift of time and joy we shared. With a big smile and the huge love I’ve always had for you, I just want to say, I love you... my darling daughter."

it is good to be reminded once in a while... I am blessed to be able to come alongside my mother during this difficult time for her... she most definitely has been there for me 100% when I was that little child that needed her.. she was patient with me, encouraged me and helped me with anything I needed...
praying that she will be blessed to be taken care off by me, even if it is only for a little while....

my girls will be arriving soon after I leave and my brother is going to be there too... I will be back in March and we will go from there..

I know that this is what my Father in Heaven does, for me, for my mother, and all of us:

The Lord will keep you from all harm—
    he will watch over your life;
 the Lord will watch over your coming and going
    both now and forevermore.
Psalm 121: 7 + 8


P.S. yes, that is my mother, my Grandmother, my sister and I... back in the days.. you can see my love for singing started at a very young age, no wonder I made it to Carnegie Hall.... hahahaha


No comments:

Post a Comment