Friday, January 18, 2013

..yeah I love him... duh.....

this is a great morning... didn't have to rush out in the freezing cold, working out at 11am instead of 6:45 am today!!!! Praise God for Fridays!!!!!!!


lying in my cozy bed I was telling my Jesus how much I love Him, and this is what came to my mind...

when we first started going to my church about 15 years ago (wow time flies when you are having fun)
the pastor came to visit us at home..

my husband was not a Christian at the time and that apparently was obvious to him, I have heard him tell the story a few times since, how he could tell from what I said that I loved the Lord...

thinking about this "duh... I only had searched for Him for 30 years.. and had finally found Him" so for sure I LOVED Him and you could tell..

my gratitude and awe and willingness to follow and try really hard to be obedient to His Word comes from understanding almost 19 years ago that He died FOR ME... not just randomly for the world, like I was taught in my religious classes in school in Germany... not for me because I accepted it graciously when I found out about it that Sunday in June 1994... but for me because He thought of me when He was hanging on the cross...  this is what He prayed before He was arrested :


Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.
 Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them. ( John 17:24-26 )

I had searched for Him, never being satisfied by anything any other religion or " New Age" belief could have offered.. all those things seemed appealing at first but never could satisfy the longing in my heart... I had loved Him and read my children's Bible long before I ever heard that tremendous truth... He died for me PERSONALLY... I had been elated to earn sweet little Memory Verse cards at my Nursery School for memorizing a verse..

"lasset die Kinder zu mir kommen and wehret ihnen nicht, den ihrer ist das Reich Gottes..."
 “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” ( Matthew 19:14 ) just popped into my head from way back when...

so, yes, I love Him, I love Him with an all consuming love, what a love story this is, eh????
My Jesus ROCKS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment