Tuesday, January 8, 2013

boring and opinionated.. talks to herself :S

I guess I am just a boring, narrow minded woman... I am opinionated and talk to myself.. I am not young anymore but also not real old yet            ( opinions about that differ, considering that on my birthday almost 10 years ago my youngest daughter, then 6 years old stated that I was NOW OLD :(   oh well)
I am boring because I do not ever come up with New Years Resolutions, ( I believe we should always strive to be better ) I don't like watching shows about how celebrities live.. I am not that interested in the news.. I have beliefs that go against what is cool to believe in these days, actually, I like to spend all my energy on helping women to make life affirming decisions.. I am not politically correct at all... I am just plain weird..

I believe that God does exist and that He is in control of all things, I believe He deserves to be served and worshipped, I even believe that this is why we are here ...

I believe also that only through what His Son Jesus ( fully man and fully God )  did on the cross
 ( which was giving His life as a sacrifice for our sins ) we can be right with God and spent eternity with Him.

I believe that we should not engage in sex before marriage and that getting drunk is not a good idea. I believe that being kind and patient and giving is better than mean, impatient and greedy :)

I believe that God in His love for us has a specific purpose for each one of us, while here on earth.
I am pretty sure that this purpose is not to selfishly pursue my personal happiness at any cost.. I am sure He has a lot more for us than that..

I know that even when things don't work out in our lives, when we get hurt and disappointed, when dreams are crushed and sickness strikes, when we are rejected and things are just miserable, that the plans God has for us are to prosper ( make things better overall )  and not to harm us... that those plans actually are to give us a hope and a future..

I know that He wants to be close to us, He wants to lead us and guide us,  I know that when He gave His Son He did so, because His love for us is SO HUGE... He wants us to understand that without Him we can do nothing but with Him all things are possible.. every good and perfect gift comes from God, if we realize it or not....

He wants us to rely on Him and to trust Him.. He wants to be enough for us... that we do not need more money, or to be more popular, to have a title or great vacation plans...

and, He wants to bless us, beyond what we could ever imagine...

so, I am narrow minded... I am boring, I am definitely opinionated.. I am not in or hip.. I am NOT politically correct at all,  I am far from perfect, and I am not judging anyone, neither does my Father in Heaven.. my hearts desire is for y'all to know Him as your closest friend... because there is no one like Him....

I would never give Him up just to fit in with the world around me.... so there!!!!



1 comment:

  1. AMEN MIRIAM! So much of what's on my mind, just can never seem to get the right words out. You took the words right out of my mouth. Thank you for this post!
    God Bless You!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete