Monday, January 14, 2013

....discipline and selfish "Body Fat"...

this morning my trainer made me weigh in ... and I was happy to hear that one lbs of "Christmas Body Fat" had been transformed into "Lean tissue / muscle" in just 5 days...

not bad, then again I have worked out 3 times during those 5 days and moved gazillions of books from the warehouse to the truck to my garage and upstairs.. took boxes of things we didn't need anymore after organizing and purging the contents of my basement, to Goodwill.. lot's of "work out" lifting heavy boxes and going up and down the stairs a million times..

it was hard work.. and it led to transformation...
made me think of the purpose statement of my church since last year : " being transformed to be transformational..."

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."( Romans 12:2 )

we are being transformed by the renewing of our mind... pretty cool, ... our minds need to be renewed, even though this is true:" Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 ) we still need to replace wrong thoughts, lies we have believed with the Truth, the Word of God....

like any transformation, this too takes discipline and hard work... like getting up early to go to the gym  for the fatty stuff to become lean muscle, I need to train my mind for renewal to happen there...

discipline and hard work, a prerequisite for patterns of behaviour and thinking to be changed...
scheduling time for my work out I cannot forget to schedule my time to allow for the Word to sink into my mind and transform it... I need to spend the time necessary for the truth to impact my mind and my heart, for me to be transformed into the likeness of Christ... and I need to do it consistently..

if my selfish "fatty" tissue stands in the way of me being transformational than I have to get myself in shape... I  personally have been practising the sinking into a passage of scripture for many years now, I have come to love and cherish the time I have with my Jesus, I hear from Him and I know Him, the transformation happens in His time and under His total control.. He brings to mind things and challenges me.. he won't let go until I surrender... sweet surrender to my loving Father, my Daddy.. to the Lover of my Soul.. my Jesus..

work out at the gym is fun and as much as I would rather not get up sometimes I do like doing it.. I love the transformation... the spiritual workout is a discipline as well, I have grown to love it though and it is something I cannot live without.. PRAISE BE TO HIM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment