Wednesday, January 30, 2013

...giving a 100 % to the Lord, or maybe only 98%????

Your word is a lamp to my feet
    and a light for my path.
 I have taken an oath and confirmed it,
    that I will follow your righteous laws.
 I have suffered much;
    preserve my life, O Lord, according to your word.
 Accept, O Lord, the willing praise of my mouth,
    and teach me your laws.
 Though I constantly take my life in my hands,
    I will not forget your law.
 The wicked have set a snare for me,
    but I have not strayed from your precepts.
 Your statutes are my heritage forever;
    they are the joy of my heart.
 My heart is set on keeping your decrees
    to the very end.

read this morning about living the life as a follower of Jesus a hundred percent. not 98%, but 100%..
Pete Wilson from Crosspoint Church in Nashville made a good point..
even if we live the 98 %, if we are involved in a Small Group, have accountability partners, read and meditate on the Word regularly, pray and serve God in all we do... if we keep even only 2% hidden and to ourselves, sin tugged away in the farthest corners of our hearts, we are on a dangerous path..

made me think.....His Word is a lamp unto my path...I have pledged my life to follow His lead.. His precepts.. I have suffered much, even though not as much as others, I am asking Him to teach me His ways every day... and then again, I constantly take my life into my own hands... not good..
His Word is the joy of my heart... and my heart is set on pleasing Him in all I do all the time....

so the 2 %.............  I am going to ask the Lord to reveal them to me...
and I know He will:
Search me, O God, and know my heart;
    test me and know my anxious thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me,
    and lead me in the way everlasting.

He has been faithful to me, He makes me confess my sins to my accountability group.. I can't help it,  and others are shocked at how open I am with them, again, it is not me, it is Him, that's another way He shows me His love..

He has called me to be a vessel He can use to reach people in need with the Good News, I cannot hold on to anything that could hinder what He wants to do... I thank Him for being in control over my life, and for wrestling those things that I have been holding onto out of my hands, one after the other..
I know there is more... and I know He will reveal it.. just love Him so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment