Thursday, January 24, 2013

life is fragile: CT Scans and Concerts...

2 years ago, because my mother was so sick, I went to Switzerland three times, always with Air Canada and that's why sometime last year I got some kind of a preferred status and with that a few guest passes for the Air Canada Lounge.... So today, with an Air Canada Boarding pass in my hands I was given access to this place.... used to hang out here a lot when I was still allowed to participate in the privileges my husband enjoyed....

Anyways.. Nice to sit comfortably, get a free drink and snack while waiting for my flight that will take me to this place and experience that I am anticipating to be as close to heaven as one can get here... Actually paid for the ticket with points collected on these flights to Switzerland as well..


when talking to my mother who called for my birthday yesterday I found out that some suspicious spots have been found when conducting a routine CT Scan 2 days ago..... not good... Good thing is I was planning to go and visit her in March anyways...

lying in bed last night praying for my mother I was thinking about what this all could mean.. It makes my heart cringe and want to shrivel away with fear of what could happen... I am no saint and even though my faith is strong and my trust in God is bigger than it ever was, I still get frightened when I think of the way this could work itself out...

praying that He will comfort her as she is waiting to get more conclusive tests done and that He will be at work in her heart and prepare her soul to finally receive what my Jesus has for her...

this time when I see her I will sit her down with my bible and show her the gospel in black and white... facing the reality of losing my mother is horrible and I do not want to go there, facing it knowing we will be able to spend eternity together with make it a more bearable reality....

my God is good, my God is faithful, my God is strong, my God is faithful!!!
shall focus on that..... as I will get a glimpse of what that eternity will look like as I am privileged to take part in this concert at Carnegie Hall!

1 comment:

  1. Dear Miriam, I am praying for your Mom, for the Lord to work through you in her heart, for her health, for you!
    Have a blessed time in NYC
    Love
    Marja Rolfes-Lemson

    ReplyDelete