Tuesday, January 15, 2013

.."The Faithful" deserve blessing??????? :O

was talking to two of my very lovely volunteers at Hope for Life yesterday...
sharing my life with them is such a privilege .. I am blessed by their heart for the ministry and the friendship we all have been developing..

so when talking about what has been going on in the last few weeks, this was one thing I shared with these wonderful ladies...


people might see you in a certain light and admire you for how you are serving God and for your faith that seems so strong...

they might even know about your downfalls and shortcomings ( if you are open and authentic with them obviously :) but to say, like somebody said to me, that I deserved to be blessed by God because I am so faithful is just SOOOOOOO wrong..

if I, by God's grace I was going to be able to live the way He tells me to from now on, He would still NOT OWE me anything....

when I was an enemy of Christ He died for me, He saved me.... I didn't deserve that, this is obvious...
I was dead in my transgressions and there was nothing I could bring to the table because even what might have been decent in me was all from Him... after all, He had put me together in my mother's womb, He had a purpose for my life and His hand of protection that was on me all along, prevented me from sinning and going astray even more than I did...

He gave me the gift of eternal life with Him, not because of anything I have done but because of WHO HE IS....
He chose me before the beginning of the world to be His child ... I will never be able to get my head around that one...

so, my feeble attempts to please Him by trying to live according to His Will and praise Him and worship Him and follow Him could NEVER earn me the right to be blessed by Him even more..

He will bless me, He blesses me each day in many different ways and I am thankful that I can see His love in action this way... but I do not deserve it..

if my life would be 100% misery from now until He takes me home that would be okay with me...
He has already given me so much more than I could ever deserve...
The Glory and the Gratitude and the Blessing and the CONTROL of everything is His forever. AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment