Thursday, October 31, 2013

.. I CAN make that choice.....

have been thinking and praying and talking so much about leading a victorious life lately..
living out the reality that the Spirit is inhabiting my body, that He enables me to become more and more like Christ,  that I have been born again,that I am a new person, the old has gone, that I am forgiven and set free,  that I can choose to fix my eyes on Jesus and I can rely on Him to give me peace and joy at all times..that  I don't need to be afraid, because if God is for me, who can be against me......

that is very cool, it really is...

I am thankful for having been under solid Christian teaching for almost 16 years, for strong relationships with godly friends, for an amazing mentor, who is so committed to following Jesus that following her always is a tremendous inspiration........

a discussion about living this way at my Small Group this week reminded me once again that even though this is all true and it is all about standing firm on the truth, no matter how I feel at any given time... this does not mean it is easy...

it only means it is a choice... still have to make that one... again and again and again...

the thing to be thankful for is that I do have a choice, that I know about that choice, that because of what Jesus has done I CAN make that choice... again and again and again...

and then, there is God, who blesses us when we do...... sitting here late tonite I kind of felt a little sad for myself... and there He was, blessing me through a friend telling me about what this special little girl in my life has said.... made me cry, made my heart overflow with gratitude... to be loved... what a blessing that is.... undeserved... like the grace extended to me by my Saviour... who chose to give His life so that I could choose... to stand on the truth ...

this is my desire
to honor you
Lord with all my heart, 
I worship you.
 with all I have within me, I give you praise, 
all that I adore is in you.....
Lord I give you my heart, 
I give you my soul, 
I live for YOU ALONE... 
Lord have your way in me...

it's a choice!



No comments:

Post a Comment