Tuesday, October 8, 2013

..relinquishing control..... not mine, but your will be done....

surrender..... sounds awful.... right?

this is what the dictionary says:
to relinquish to the control or possession of another under duress or on demand
to give (oneself) up physically, as or as if to an enemy
To give up or give back .....

doesn't sound that great now, does it?

then again, as Christians, surrender shouldn't have such a bad taste... we know that as Christians we are to surrender to God's will, His plan, His control....

facing a situation right now that brought me to my knees, surrendering the desire of my heart... acknowledging that I have no control... giving back what was never mine in the first place..
surrendering to His will.... sounds scary... and yet... this is what I know is true of God:





You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
 Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.
Psalm 23:5-6


I remain confident of this:
    I will see the goodness of the Lord
    in the land of the living.
 Wait for the Lord;
    be strong and take heart
    and wait for the Lord.
Psalm 27: 13-14


They tell of the power of your awesome works—
    and I will proclaim your great deeds.
 They celebrate your abundant goodness
    and joyfully sing of your righteousness.
 The Lord is gracious and compassionate,
    slow to anger and rich in love.
Psalm 145:6-8

 His Goodness is something that I can count on... part of me still is afraid that His plans, that are to prosper and not to harm and to give a hope and future might look different from what I would like them to be........ truth is, if Jesus could pray like this right before He was going to be arrested and condemned to death on the cross: "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” I can too......... the scriptures go on to tell us: ...An angel from heaven appeared to him and strengthened him..... no matter what the outcome of this is going to look like for me... I know that He, in His goodness will send His angels to strengthen me, that I will not be alone, that He will be with me right there.......

it is a good thing that it also says this in His Word:


“I know that you can do all things;
    no purpose of yours can be thwarted. 
Job 42:2

thanking the Lord for songs that touch the deepest parts of my soul....

Just to rest in your arms
Close enough to hear your heart
Just to kneel at your feet
Where everything fades away and I sing

Jesus, Jesus, take me over now
I surrender
Everything I have, I lay it down
All of me

With just a glimpse of your face
All my fears melt away
Lost within your embrace
Im pouring out all my admiration

Jesus, Jesus, take me over now
I surrender
Everything I have ( and long for) I lay it down
All of me

Michael W. Smith - Take Me Over

No comments:

Post a Comment