Monday, October 21, 2013

.. sharing IN His glory...#SoliDeoGloria



in my time with the Lord this morning...
this is what I read.. and did it ever jump out on me... wow...

In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation.  All power to him forever! Amen.
1 Peter 5:10-11

this is the New Living Translation ... love that there are a few very good yet different translations.. the wording here allowed this to be such an "AHA" experience..

in His kindness.. oh He is so kind.. beyond all measure.. God called me to share in His eternal glory...  for some reason this just hit me.. I am here to bring glory to God... He saved me and has been working on me to make me more like Him so that others could see that and that the Glory would be all His.. makes sense to me and I am honored..  but now... because He is kind... He called me not only to bring glory to Him, but also to share IN His glory.... His eternal glory... eternally, with Him... 
by means of Jesus Christ... "by means"????  yes, by His beloved Son Jesus Christ DYING for me on the cross... this is what it took for me to be able to share in His glory... in Heaven one day, but even today... every day... I get to share in His glory...
could that be the peace He gives me, could that be the joy I have following Him and being at work for Him????
could that be that after I suffered a little while..  and lets face it... compared to eternity all of this is a really little, little while...  HE restores, supports and strengthens and puts me on a firm foundation.... and all of this because of His kindness.....

blessed deeply and beyond anything I could ever have asked for or imagined or hoped for.......
Love it when my God who loves me abundantly gives me a nugget like this... on a Monday morning...
#SoliDeoGloria

No comments:

Post a Comment