Monday, October 28, 2013

.....Adopted....... and set free....



sin... it always does something to us..
committed by us, our guilt can make us turn away from God..
committed against us, it hurts us and potentially causes resentment, bitterness.. leads us to unforgiveness and therefore leads to sin on our part..
all those things can be dealt with, when we choose to be obedient and repent or forgive..

consequences always follow sin.. no matter who commits them...

learning something new these days..
when sinned against, after forgiveness has been extended, healing most certainly comes..

consequences however, like increased insecurity, are a different set of problems that can still come up and wreck havoc...

none of those things are too hard for our Father in Heaven to deal with obviously.. He will, since He is so committed to growing us up in Him, use them to refine us and draw us even closer to Him...

living this out... no fun...
then again... makes one turn to the One who is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow..
the One who said:

For the Lord your God is living among you.
    He is mighty to save.
He will take delight in you with gladness.
    With his love, he will calm all your fears.
    He will rejoice over you with joyful songs.

and this:


In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will

and this:

Relent, Lord! How long will it be?
    Have compassion on your servants.
 Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love,
    that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.
 Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us,
    for as many years as we have seen trouble.

He will never leave us or forsake us... and since He has already given us His son so we could be reconciled to Him, will He not give us everything else we will ever need? 

I am the adopted daughter of the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords... He chose me before the foundation of the world and His love and affection are mine for eternity.
He willingly sent His Son to the cross for me and His goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life..
He is faithful even when I am not and His compassion knows no end.. HIs mercies are new every morning and He is the Lover of my soul...

insecurities? no match for the Creator of Heaven and Earth... the Sovereign Lord of the Universe..
He loves me..  I am known, I belong, I matter, I am valued and cherished....
I am His..

and because of that the peace that passes all understanding is with me always..
Praise the Lord!




No comments:

Post a Comment