Wednesday, October 30, 2013

.. Keep in step with the Spirit....


last week, my computer crashed.. I attempted to install the newest software update for Mac and there was some corrupted data on my hard drive....

long story short, the problem was solved by one very smart and friendly Computer geek and my "life as I know it and NEED it to function" was restored to me..

what was gone was all my playlists on iTunes and since I have been so very busy I have not been able to set them all up again...

I am a bit annoying to my dependants ( the one left with me tells me that) because I always have favourite songs and I listen to them over and over again, hence the playlists....

so with none so far, I have just been listening to random songs on my iTunes... and this is my point for today :) sorry it took so long to get there...
this is what came up yesterday... and you can believe it... it is on repeat right now :)

I'm in the river that flows from your throne
Water of Life
Water of Life
It Covers me and I breath again
Your love is breath to my soul

I can hear Your voice as You sing over me
It's Your song of Hope breathing life into me
I can feel Your touch as I come close to You
And it heals my heart
You restore and renew
"I can hear your voice" by MWS

reading the book "Forgotten God" right now, this song struck me in a much different way then before...
I am in the river... resonated with my soul because I am finally paying attention to the "forgotten God" the Holy Spirit, real person, one of the three, Father, Son and Holy Spirit... the One I have neglected..

I am in the river... the Spirit that raised Jesus from the dead, is in me..... He is there to empower me, not for my own gain but to know Him more... to surrender to Him more, to submit to Him better and to be more like He is...

so when I was on my way to a rather difficult meeting yesterday I prayed to Him, the Holy Spirit and I asked Him to fill me, to permeate every last little corner in my soul.. to take over and to strip me of myself, all the stuff I am still holding on to, hurts and wounds, annoyance and impatience.. fear and weakness and insecurity.......
so that I could function like He would want me to.... because I do not want this to characterize me:

The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery;  idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions  and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

but rather this is who I want to be:

 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.  Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.  Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 

God is faithful, the Spirit is faithful, Jesus is faithful..... I am trusting them to do this work in me....


No comments:

Post a Comment