Monday, November 4, 2013

..a life considered worthy in the eyes of God?...


so thankful for sunshine, even when the temperatures are near the freezing point..
so thankful for my time with my best friend this morning ....
went to bed sad and spent and emotionally exhausted last night, I thank the Lord for a special friend who prayed with me and for me right before turning in.... thank the Lord for Skype..
so thankful that His mercies are new every morning and that He meets me, where I am, ALWAYS..
no matter where this is...

this is what He had for me this morning, as I am following along my churches' "reading plan"....

Don’t you remember, dear brothers and sisters, how hard we worked among you? Night and day we toiled to earn a living so that we would not be a burden to any of you as we preached God’s Good News to you.  You yourselves are our witnesses—and so is God—that we were devout and honest and faultless toward all of you believers.  And you know that we treated each of you as a father treats his own children.  We pleaded with you, encouraged you, and urged you to live your lives in a way that God would consider worthy. For he called you to share in his Kingdom and glory.
1 Thessalonians 2:9-12



so thankful to know and be able to accept that leading a life that is honest and devout ( and far from faultless) in front of all believers ( and my children) means toil, striving and agonizing... it means not giving in to fear and standing firm on the truth...
so thankful for His encouragement for me today, that I am not wrong to plead, to encourage my children to live their lives in a way that God would consider worthy..
that this is what a parent, mother or father, needs to do.

so very thankful though that I do not have to be the Holy Spirit for anyone... and obviously I could never be, but that I just have to try very hard to live a life that God would consider worthy, pleasing to Him, encourage and urge those around me to live like this.. the rest is up to Him, who is able to do so much more than I could every dream up......

holding on to this, for strength and encouragement...
a new day, new drama, new hurts and difficulties.. a life of labor and toil... yet so blessed, so blessed in the arms of my Daddy, I can face it.. today, tomorrow and until He finally takes me home with Him!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment