Thursday, June 27, 2013

..suspended somewhere between Heaven and Earth...


... sitting at my desk this grey afternoon... having some time now to reflect ... it has been a busy week, and " work wise" the week will be over for me in 40 min...

my children, but one, and she leaves tomorrow, are away... my brother and sister and families are gone for the summer as well...
friends are on vacation, even my pastor is gone for the month of July...

just returned from one of the highlights of my life... I feel so very blessed..
a trip to Franklin, Tennessee to spend with wonderful friends from all over North America, enjoying amazing concerts, food and fun...
Worship times, devotions, skeet shooting and hot air ballon rides... sunshine, delving deep into the history of the battle of Franklin in 1864, antique shopping .... if I had to make a list of what would make me happy I couldn't have put it together any better.....

spending these few days in an area they call the "buckle of the Bible belt"... just what my soul needed..
when there is Christian music playing in a little boutique with the finest of clothes, antiques.. a prayer wall and the owners donate 10% of their profit to Christian charities a year.. when parking in the two parking garages of Downtown Franklin is FREE.. when those you pass by in the streets make eye contact with you and genuinely greet you and wish you a "great day y'all"... you know you are suspended somewhere between Heaven and Earth....

recording a few lines of background vocals for one of Michael W Smith's new songs on the new CD that will be released sometime next spring... John Elefante, former Kansas lead singer performing "Dust in the Wind" and some of his own Christian songs... more concerts, Brandon Heath being one of the song writers performing during the "Writer's Round" at the Open Air Concert by the lake and the willow tree at Deer Valley Farm......

leaving this little piece of heaven is hard for me every time I have to do it.....

so thankful to my Father in Heaven to allow me these kind of experiences..so undeserving I am, and yet He showers me with blessings...

sitting here, all alone, soon I will go home to my house... the last two days have been exhausting yet exhilarating.. serving my Jesus always is... I think I will just have to lay low and bask in the afterglow of this great little trip I just came back from...

#SoliDeoGloria



No comments:

Post a Comment