Wednesday, June 5, 2013

...what does your ark look like?????


way back when God told Noah specifically how to build this thing called an Ark...he must have been flabbergasted... he had no idea what this would be.. and why it was needed.. considering he didn't have the benefit of having this book, written by God, filled with stories of what God had done, full of promises and accounts of God's love and faithfulness... he didn't have the Holy Spirit / God living in him and he did not know Jesus, God's son personally.... and yet.. he chose to be obedient..
I am sure he was ridiculed and struggled with patience... he had no tools as in cranes and big electric saws to help him with the monstrous task.. and yet he persevered.. he did it.. he finished strong and he was blessed... he survived.. so did his family and all those animals he was supposed to rescue...
and then God rewarded his faithfulness by making another promise.. a new covenant.. 

how in the world was Noah able to do that... when, even though I do have a relationship with the Son of God... even though the Spirit lives in me, I have the Word.. all the stories of God's faithfulness and instruction, I have my own experiences and know all the testimonies of God's greatness of the people all around me.. I still struggle to be obedient.. faithfully???

Noah trusted.. Noah lived in reverent fear of God... somehow Noah knew God better than anyone in his time.. 

I want to be a modern day Noah... I want to take God's warnings seriously... I want to know God as well as it is possible... I want to be close enough to trust, wholeheartedly...

starting my day with thanksgiving... opens my eyes and I can see God at work in and around me.. as I see Him work out every little detail my trust grows... as I am basking in His presence, choose to draw close to Him my heart knows Him more and more, knows that He is indeed trustworthy and no matter what kind of patience, or sacrifice is needed in order to obey Him, it is easier the more I know Him...
the more I know Him the more I want to know Him... the more I want to know Him the more I walk with Him, the more I walk with Him, the more I trust Him, the more I will know His reward, the reward being His presence.. His closeness...

maybe this is what it means being a "Noah".... 




No comments:

Post a Comment