Thursday, June 13, 2013

.. a place of undeserved privilege ....


Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our Lord has done for us.  Because of our faith, Christ has brought us into this place of undeserved privilege where we now stand, and we confidently and joyfully look forward to sharing God’s glory.

 We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.  And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation.  And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.
(Romans 5:1-5)


it's good for me to feel the need to encourage others by texting them scriptures, because God uses it to encourage me too... how cool is that.. talk about God's Word never going out in vain ...

when praying this morning for some clients of the Living Hope Center with my beloved brother in this ministry I asked the Lord to sweep these people of their feet with His love washing over them like a huge wave....

facing trials helps us develop endurance... strengthening our character... strength to stick to the truth... strength to reject the lies... because I also have the hope that does not disappoint... because His spirit testifies to my spirit just how much He LOVES me...

read this a while ago and put it on a sticky note above my desk at work:

" your value does not decrease based on someone's inability to see your worth...." that's a truth flowing right from the scriptures... and I like it!!!

was about to feel alone this morning as I was cleaning up my kitchen.. but chose to have a little chat with my Jesus instead... learning to lean on Him no matter what life throws me... that's what it is all about..

because of the faith He gave me, because of what He has done for me, I now stand in this place of undeserved privilege, this relationship with the One who will never disappoint...

and this is why I can always say... it is well with my soul....

No comments:

Post a Comment