Saturday, June 29, 2013

... "let's just pretend they are dead... ??????? " :O

"....hating someone takes too much energy... I will just pretend they are dead...."a post I saw on Facebook this morning..

how about forgiveness is what I am thinking.....  don't know what this "someone" has done to make her hate him / her....  
make no mistake I do know about hurts so atrocious that hating comes "naturally".... a human feeling to be had... never God's intention.. a consequence of the fall.. destructive and harmful.. distorting the person who hates.. she has a point there that it takes too much energy and as we know, it keeps us bound to the offender... chained to his sin against us...
trying to pretend they are dead.. not so sure if this is a good and effective way of dealing with this..

forgiveness seems to be too costly... what do you mean, letting go and agreeing to live with the consequences of the other person's sin committed against you???

makes no sense apart from the truth... the truth that God Himself has forgiven me, the broken and sinful child of His.. only if I fully understand my need for forgiveness and the amazing grace that was given to me... obviously I am not going to forgive... why would I....  
without God convicting me and showing me how I fall short of being holy and without sin, I don't really have the ability to forgive and let of the hook the person that has hurt me.......

when we forgive we basically say that God should be the judge, we can be sure that He never takes sin lightly... He alone though is holy and therefore can judge justly.... He alone is full of mercy and grace.. and He will deal with the person and his sin....  

who am I, a sinner, to think I could judge others?

forgiveness brings freedom and peace and God will be faithful to heal the hurt done to us... I am glad that He also will heal the hurts I have done to others... ha, that's a thought...

a wonderful song introduced to me last weekend reminds me of this totally UNDESERVED gift that I have received when God saved me 19 years ago.... check it out... it's a great song by Leeland:

Wounded and forsaken 
I was shattered by the fall 
Broken and forgotten 
Feeling lost and all alone 
Summoned by the King 
Into the Master's courts 
Lifted by the Savior 
And cradled in His arms 

I was carried to the table 
Seated where I don't belong 
Carried to the table 
Swept away by His love 
And I don't see my brokenness anymore 
When I'm seated at the table of the Lord 
I'm carried to the table 
The table of the Lord 

Fighting thoughts of fear 
And wondering why He called my name 
Am I good enough to share this cup 
This world has left me lame 
Even in my weakness 
The Savior called my name 
In His Holy presence 
I'm healed and unashamed 

You carried me, my God 
You carried me


so how can I not in turn let the ones that hurt me off the hook? undeserved as it is, for sure... through Him I can do all things, forgiveness is what being a Christian is all about... and I don't even have to be die on the cross... He did that for me......... will never be able to get my head around that one.. eternally grateful I am choosing to be obedient... and through Him I can...




No comments:

Post a Comment