Tuesday, October 16, 2012

... when I am weak, then I am strong...

I have had it all before.. chest pain, headaches, revolting digestive system... all because of stress..
not "really" sick, that's what they say... real pain, real symptoms, just no physical but rather an emotional reason..
pretty sad, really..
this time joint pain is added to the list... weird... makes no sense..
my knees especially...
there is a German proverb.. says something like someone is trying to bring you to your knees, as in is trying real hard to bring you down..
as a Christian there is another way of looking at this.. yes, someone is, has been trying to bring me down, he has been using all kinds of people and circumstances..
but there is the One who takes those situations and turns them into something good ( Romans 8:28)


But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. ( 2 Corinthians 12: 9 + 10)

so, I am weak... my knees hurt, so does my heart.. my stomach can't "stomach" it anymore, but I am at peace.. perfect peace..  I am delighting in the hardship, brought on by one who was supposed to watch out for me.. I am embracing the difficulties..

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ( Philippians 4: 6 + 7 )

my soul is at peace, even though my body is suffering the fallout from the stress right now, I can truly say that ALL IS WELL WITH MY SOUL...
He, the Saviour and Redeemer of my soul is worthy to be praised now and forever more !!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment