Tuesday, October 9, 2012

...mind blowing blessings...

the God of all comfort... who is He? how do we know? and what does the comfort look like..
He is God Almighty, He is the Sovereign God, He is all knowing and all powerful, nothing happens here that He has not allowed for His purposes..

how do we know? His Word tells us... His Word tells us also how much He loves us, that He keeps us in the palm of His hands, that He has plans to prosper us and not to harm us, that He is our refuge, our shelter, and that Jesus, His son understands all our suffering..

Comfort.. what does it look like? we first think of the comfort of a parent to a child.. hugs and kisses, encouraging words, closeness and tenderness.. and that He has for us.. but it is not all..
we can find comfort in who He is.. his Faithfulness and Power, His Wisdom and Sovereignty...
if He allows the suffering, there has to be a purpose, something good that can come from it for those that love Him, that have been called according to His purpose...

having gone through suffering, receiving His comfort, I have learned that He indeed is trustworthy, that He is all the Bible tells me He is.. and more..
 I know Him more, count on Him more and trust Him more because of my suffering...

He has taught me about Himself, this world, myself, through the suffering and He has made me more compassionate for others..

I love Him more and I know so much better how much He loves me...

this weekend, He surprised me once again.. in His love for me He had orchestrated a gift for me... only He could have put it together like this.. one mind blowing detail after another.. blessings flowing freely from Him to me.. disbelief and JOY like not known to me before...
 my fragile heart..overflowing with gratitude... really? that's how much He loves me???  me???  a sinner who has already been given so much more than she deserves... eternal life with Him.. a relationship with Him, walking closely with the lover of my soul... and now this???

Loving Him with a passion that knows no equal... every fibre of my body, mind and soul saturated with a love that knows no end... created and instigated by the Creator of the Universe, God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit, Three in one....

it cannot get any better than this... but then again... there are no limits for the love He has for me... and you... :)


1 comment:

  1. Amen Sister! I'm quickly learning this too. He's shown me in so many ways. His love is never ending and that is a comfort in itself!

    ReplyDelete