Friday, October 19, 2012

.. the root of every sin is PRIDE :S

thinking and praying about how my life might significantly change over the next little while I made a HORRIBLE discovery...

I am a lot more proud than I would like to think... oh my...seriously??????

just yesterday my pastor and I talked about how being humble is one sign of a born again Christian walking with his / her Saviour..
understanding that we do not bring ANYTHING to the equation, that anything that is good in us is good because God made us this way.. that, once we are saved He continues to change us to be more like Him and how we will never be completely transformed until entering heaven..

know all this, believe all this and function that way in many areas of my life... thanks to God alone that is..

thinking about what God is doing / allowing in my life right now and the implications all that might have I realized that indeed in at least one area I am proud...

growing up a child of a successful and wealthy business man and being sure ( because my father told me so,  the only thing he ever praised me about ) that I am smart, a logical thinker, yaha...... I guess I became proud of my intelligence and knowledge..

can't quite explain it, because I do not, and have never felt that I was better than anyone else, and especially since I have become a Christian never ever would have entertained any thought like this..
by His grace alone, I know that..

and yet...  I guess, like my Jesus pointed out to me today, I was proud...

pride is the root of all sin. it causes us to turn away from God instead of turning to Him... all disobedience has pride as its root... all rebellion has pride behind it... all mistreatment of other people is caused by pride: someone putting their self and their feelings above the other person and their feelings...

I want nothing to do with pride.. God hates pride, I abhor it when I see it... in others.. it terrifies me to see the pride in myself..
I prayed and repented and I am welcoming whatever the Lord has for me on this journey to strip me of any pride there might be.
humbly I want only to point to Him as the root of anything good, ( math skills included) in me...

I love how He convicts and lovingly reprimands.. most of all I am thankful for His forgiveness and grace.. I do not deserve it but happily accept it..
To Him Alone be the Glory!!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment