Wednesday, October 3, 2012

.. He comforts us so that we can comfort others...

if what happened today would have happened a few years ago ( and it actually did all the time back then ) the day would have been a write off..
today.. it got to me, I have to admit, but my Father in His love is sheltering me from any harm.. so I am good...
reading in 2 Corinthians Chapter 1: 3-7 this morning:

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort,  who comforts us in all our affliction, so that we may be able to comfort those who are in any affliction, with the comfort with which we ourselves are comforted by God.  For as we share abundantly in Christ's sufferings, so through Christ we share abundantly in comfort too. If we are afflicted, it is for your comfort and salvation; and if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which you experience when you patiently endure the same sufferings that we suffer.  Our hope for you is unshaken, for we know that as you share in our sufferings, you will also share in our comfort.

in short form: God does not waste any hurts...

so the ultimate blow in the category of "hurt inflicted by hurting people putting you down out of anger".. almost 3 years ago, in this case "selfish abandonment, was not wasted... on the contrary..
it forced me to even draw closer and rely more on this Daddy of mine.. he met me and I now know beyond a shadow of a doubt that He will be there for me..He will comfort me..
anytime something like this comes my way now, I just crawl up in His arms..
they are always open, He is always compassionate and He always has time for me, and really really wants to know what is going on...

hurts are never wasted with God because in turn I am able to understand people that are hurting themselves so much better...and can extend that  comfort I received, to them..

as we share in Christ's suffering we also share abundantly in His comfort.. and as the hurt person is suffering a similar hurt we have, they too can be comforted with the same comfort that comforted us..
brilliant...

trouble here will never end... it changes at times, it comes in many different shapes and sizes... but it will always be there...
continuing on my path, His peace in my heart.. and a joy.. an expectation.. something good is on the way... VERY SHORTLY.. :)
Praise God from whom all blessings flow.. He is GOOD ALL THE TIME!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment