Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Let His Light shine!!!

verses and thoughts and excitement has been percolating in my mind and soul... heartache and chaos and difficulty have been going on at the same time so percolating was all that happened..
not writing it down, but rather focusing on the task ahead.. how to be a godly mother and coach to my daughter, how to be a counsellor to a client / "in my heart adopted daughter"...

some settling down has happened and so maybe I can have a look at all the vigorous percolating action..

someone asked me what it was about me and Lighthouses... well, I said, I love them.....
:) during prayer time on Monday, someone, again, prayed about us being a Light on a hill.. shining the love of Jesus into the world..
ha... I love it.. a beacon of light, in the darkness.. a lighthouse.. visible in the fog of brokenness and hurt.. guiding the steps of the lost..


Here are some scriptures:


The people who walked in darkness
    have seen a great light;
those who dwelt in a land of deep darkness,
    on them has light shone. ( Isaiah 9:2 )


if you pour yourself out for the hungry
    and satisfy the desire of the afflicted,
then shall your light rise in the darkness
    and your gloom be as the noonday ( Isaiah 58:10 )

and Jesus said:

“You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden. (Matthew 5:14)
"I have come into the world as light, so that whoever believes in me may not remain in darkness"
( John 12:46 )

I love it... Jesus came and He was the light.. He saved us and called us out of the darkness into His marvellous light... so now, through the cracks of our broken vessels, all according to His plan, can we shine His light into the darkness of others.. so now we are pouring ourselves out for the hungry and afflicted.. and again His light will shine...

in light ( pun intended ;) of the newest developments reported to us at a Dream Team Outreach Meeting, I know we will be able to take this light into an area where the darkness is especially dark, if you know what I mean.... His light will shine and illuminate a path out of the chaos and hopelessness for those He will make His own.. Hallelujah!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment