Wednesday, March 6, 2013

.. you will always have plenty of everything...

have been praying to be more generous in my giving of myself... felt compelled to do so, when dwelling on chapter 8 and 9 of 2 Corinthians for a few weeks not so long ago..

felt that I had not much left after ministering to the clients at Hope for Life, after being a mother to my daughters, a daughter to my mother who is dealing with cancer, a Director to my Volunteers, a caring friend... to the extent that I didn't really enjoy my Small Group that much because it kind of seemed to be just one more thing where I was giving of myself..

then I read:
Remember this: The one who plants few seeds will have a small harvest. But the one who plants a lot will have a big harvest.  Each one of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give. You should not give if it makes you unhappy or if you feel forced to give. God loves those who are happy to give.  And God can give you more blessings than you need, and you will always have plenty of everything. You will have enough to give to every good work.

so I shared this and asked my group to pray... I have since been there each week :) and have been blessed by the opportunities to minister...

I know that it is better to give than to receive, and I live it, by God's grace,  it was just that I thought there wasn't anymore left to give.. now that was a lie... I ended up not being willing to give of the little I thought was left over at the end of the day... and it all became this vicious cycle..

once again the Word came in and sharper than a double-edged sword  it cut through the deception..

God in the meantime keeps on giving us this tremendous harvest... Hope for Life is brimming with activities and we are HELPING those that need us..... we are about to organize our brand new Care Closet..... stay tuned for pics..... God provided colour-coordinated couches ;) for our Prayer / Reception / Family room... His attention to detail is a never-ending source of joy for me.........

Have you thought about where you could invest yourself??? The Lord keeps His promises you know, He said He will give us more blessing than we need... do you trust Him for that???????


No comments:

Post a Comment