Friday, March 8, 2013

..Authority :O ...... Protection :)

....Authority  :O :S  :S  .... what a horrible word this has become... I guess there have always been  people in authority that have abused it... some more than others....  today, it seems to be the cool thing to rebel against authority, I even think there is a certain pride involved in doing that....

but then you read this in the Bible, God's Word, His Word, which tells us that He is in authority over us, and that we are to obey ...

...and there is this:  Paul writing to the Corinthians about authority: "He gave us this authority to strengthen you, not to hurt you."
ha..... pretty cool... authority is there to strengthen, not to hurt.... authority is there to challenge and reinforce the perfect "rules and regulations" given to us for our benefit by God....

in a perfect world, like God intended this world to be (but then sin entered as the first rebellion against what the Lord had said happened in the garden ) no one would use their authority to hurt or abuse anyone...

as a Christian I am called to submit to the authority God has put me under.. my government, my church leadership, my husband, if I have one  :) ...  really a no brainer because He, God is my authority, my LORD, the King of Heaven and Earth...

I trust Him, God, to take care of me, if He asks me to do that... He knows what is good and He will be there for me, in case hurt will result from it.. Amen???

Authority really is not meant for someone to be able to push others around,  godly authority comes with  wonderful qualities.... protection and responsibility...

I know my Father in Heaven as the One who always has my best interest in mind...
this is what it says in Romans 8 :31-33:

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be[a] against us?  He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things?  

if He tells me to submit to authority I will trust Him for this to be the right thing... God is bigger than anyone with authority messing things up.....
I would never want to miss out on the protection and blessing that is mine if I stay under the umbrella of His authority!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment