Monday, December 29, 2014

.. the Lord rescued me from it all....




this year is slowly coming to an end.. and even though I am one to always ponder what is going on and seeking the presence of the Lord to understand and become more like Him and therefore don't do the typical Year End Reflection and New Year's Resolution thing, I do have a few thoughts about all that today.. thanks to the passage of scripture we are reading for this week in my church...

reading and meditating on this just now I have been immensely blessed..

if ever there was a good challenge put out there this for sure is one...

I wrote it all down for myself and there were many things that spoke to me..  and since my heart is always inclined and focused a lot on my children.. I just had to personalize this passage a little:

But you, my children, certainly know what I teach, and how I live, and what my purpose in life is. You know my faith, my patience, my love, and my endurance.  You know how much persecution and suffering I have endured, —but the Lord rescued me from all of it.  Yes, and everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution.  But evil people and impostors will flourish. They will deceive others and will themselves be deceived.

 But you must remain faithful to the things you have been taught. You know they are true, for you know you can trust those who taught you. You have been taught the holy Scriptures from childhood, and they have given you the wisdom to receive the salvation that comes by trusting in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.  God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work.

2 Timothy 3: 10-17

I have, throughout my 20 1/2 years of being a Christ follower always tried to be the best godly mother I can be. 
I know I have failed, I know that I have been opposed, and persecuted, I know that there is a battle going on for my children, and I so needed the reminder that indeed all of what this passage says is true...

they have been taught the right things. they DO know what is true, they know they can trust those that taught them, from early childhood they have been taught the Holy Scriptures and those, thanks to the Almighty God, never go out without accomplishing exactly what He wants them to..

another cool thing is that verse 16 has been my oldest daughter's favourite scripture forever..

so, my soul is finding rest in this right now.. I am challenged to remain faithful and even though there will be more opposition and scary stuff, I know that they know and that He, this amazing Father of mine and them, loves them so much more than I do.. 

find rest my soul
in Christ alone
know His power 
in quietness and trust

(so that)
when the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still know you are God

AMEN

No comments:

Post a Comment