Thursday, December 18, 2014

... Dezembertraueme.... to His peace there will be no end....



I don't know about you, but sometimes my heart is spinning out of control.. so much to do, so many needs, so much chaos and frustration .. so many hurts all around me and somehow I seem to be the one who ends up trying to speak peace and love into all those situations...

sometimes that's well received and other times it's not..

I don't know about you, but it sometimes seems easier to help those that are not quite as close.. when those that you love the most seem unreachable..

listening to some German Christmas song from a CD my kids had when they were small..  I got very sad..

was sharing my abbreviated testimony at our Hope for Life Christmas party yesterday, joking about my "relationship" with the country of my origin..

truth is, my citizenship is in Heaven and my roots on this earth definitely are deeply anchored here in Canada.. but listening to this little Children's Christmas song in German... it brought up some sadness that shouldn't surprise me..

had a long talk with my mother today and if there is anything that makes me sad, it definitely would be seeing / hearing about the destructive way my loved ones are relating with one another..

once again I found myself trying to speak God's truth of peace and love and forgiveness to her... I can never get more than a "yeah, you are right, BUT... so and so is doing this and this and..... " breaks my heart.. I can see so clearly how, unless God steps into the situation in a HUGE way, this is not going to end well for all involved.. 

when sharing my testimony yesterday I spoke about meeting my Daddy in Heaven and how no matter what is going on in my life I can always run to Him, how I can always find comfort, hope and love, unconditional love...  and how precious He is to me, how much I love Him.. because He first loved me..

the truth of the story of my life, my history, my "His'- story is as true today as it was yesterday and 2 weeks ago when I was experiencing some extra special blessings for a few days.. away from all the turmoil, just enjoying God's extravagant love for me and the one He brought into my life.. 

that truth is that He came to save those that would believe in Him, that  God gave His beloved son to come into this world, as a baby, to grow up without sin, so that He could be the perfect sacrifice for the sins of us who believe.. that not only would He save us, but He, from that moment would always be in us.. leading us, guiding us, growing us up, giving us peace and this hope... a hope that can never be disappointed, because it is in Him, and He does not disappoint..never.. giving us hope and peace and love.. that unconditional love that we all so long for..

so to Him I run, into His arms.. and when He holds me, so tight and yet so tenderly... I can tell Him all about my sorrow, my sadness, I can tell Him about my frustrations and my worries.. and, I can leave it all with Him.. because I know, that His plans are to make all things beautiful in His time.. and I can breath deeper again in His presence.. Emmanuel.. my God is with me... on how I love Him...

For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given,
    and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
    Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
 Of the greatness of his government and peace
    there will be no end.

Isaiah 9:6-7





No comments:

Post a Comment