Tuesday, December 2, 2014

.. Timehop App and American Thanksgiving now and then....



I really like the Timehop app... it's kind of cool to see what was going on a year ( or two or three or four ) ago...

good memories, or bad ones.. I think it is good to be reminded..
the good because we can just rejoice and be thankful for it again,
and the bad because maybe by now we can see some good that came from it, and if not, maybe we can be thankful it's over at least :)

this last weekend, it being American Thanksgiving and all had quite a few memories for me...
and it really made me think and ponder what has all happened in a year and how different the place I am in is now...

let's see..

a year ago I had made plans to downsize and move into a condo by putting down a deposit on a place that was being built. move in date May 23, 2014

I was living in my house and knew I was going to put it up for sale in the new year.
I knew a claim had been filed in court against me for a rather big sum of money... ( nothing to do with me, but with business done in my name MANY years ago by my father )

what I didn't know was, that through this a lien had been put on my house.....

I was "seeing" a great Christian man and wondered if this could maybe be "it"...
that weekend brought this relationship to a very unforeseen abrupt end and it left me hurt and confused..

as the year went on, I found a buyer for my house and continued to prepare for moving..

in January the Lord revealed to me the reason I was feeling as hopeless as I was for ever meeting a man of God to share my life with. He showed me very clearly that I had put this relationship on a pedestal and had made it an idol... as much as I was still seeking Him and finding meaning and joy in following Him I had been looking at Him kind of through that idol obstructing my clear view..
I repented and took the idol down..

I made a conscious effort to embrace being single and where the Lord had me... making nice meals for myself, going out for tea all alone, planning a road trip to go on by myself and enjoying the freedom of being on my own.. all the while loving the One who was holding me in His arms and serving Him, loving those He put around me...

May came and with it the chaos and upheaval surrounding my house sale and move.. let's just say it all ended in me having moved back into my house just last week... the lien still on and no resolution for that lawsuit...

summer came and went, road trip was great yet lonely... the financial situation stressing me out so much I was feeling like I was losing it when the Lord gave me this powerful scripture :

Surely God is my salvation;
    I will trust and not be afraid.
The Lord, the Lord himself, is my strength and my defence
    he has become my salvation.”
Isaiah 12:2

never before have I been that stressed out and scared and never before have I experienced that peace that transcends all human understanding like this either... thankfully, it has not left me since... All praise be to Him from whom all blessings flow..

this American Thanksgiving weekend the new man in my life came to visit me.. we spent four days together and I can honestly say I have never experienced anything like this before either..
the love that comes my way is blowing me away every second .. all my hopes and dreams are exceeded in every aspect.... with both of us seeking the Lord's will in this we are cautiously walking in His wisdom and we are BLESSED... there is a thrill of hope and my weary soul does rejoice.. I cannot comprehend the love my Saviour is pouring into my heart through this man of God and I am thanking Him and praising Him for it.

so.. Timehop.. it's cool...  and the Lord.. He is GOOD all the time.. His plans are to prosper and not to harm, He does give us a hope and a future and He turns everything into something good for those that LOVE Him.. who have been chosen according to His purpose.. His plans cannot be thwarted and He is on His throne, in the good and the bad times.. oh how thankful I am to know these truths..



No comments:

Post a Comment