Sunday, December 21, 2014

.. God blessed the Broken Road....



had a nice long phone conversation tonite with this man God brought into my life.
convinced me even more that this is something real.
and it made me think of this song:

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way
into your loving arms
This much I know is true

That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
Yes He did

Rascal Flatts are cute and all, and this is a very nice song... but most of all I like what the words say because it goes so perfectly along with what the Bible teaches...

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. 
Romans 8:28

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 
Jeremiah 29:11

 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. 
Genesis 50:20

I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten—
    the great locust and the young locust,
    the other locusts and the locust swarm
Joel 2:25

Forget the former things;
    do not dwell on the past.
 See, I am doing a new thing!
    Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
    and streams in the wasteland.
Isaiah 42:18+19

I am careful not to put anything the Lord is doing on a pedestal, or a person for that matter.. I am careful to choose to rather praise the Lord for what He is doing...worship Him and thank Him.
I am thankful for His Word that keeps me grounded and I am thankful for His faithfulness..
I knew He was faithful and He is proving it to me again, even though He really doesn't have to..

I am delighted and I am thankful... because He is indeed doing a new thing and the road is blessed.. it's a broken road and the blessings are not only mine..
He is using my healed brokenness to reach out to others in a meaningful way..
I get to tell those around  about the wrong choices and the sins, done by me and to me.. and I get to  tell them about this Saviour of mine... this most amazing Almighty God, this Lover of my soul and this perfect Father I have.. I so love to brag about Him and how wonderful He is..

how He is indeed blessing the broken road.. and I am waiting expectantly to see what He will do through me and despite of me.. all for His glory ALONE...

#SoliDeoGloria











No comments:

Post a Comment