Thursday, December 25, 2014

..Peace is here.. the baby has come....


It's Christmas.. well, for me and all my fellow European / German people it kind of is the day after Christmas already... truth is, celebrating Christmas not for Santa Clause but for the fact that Christ was born.. it kind of needs to be at night... the star and the angels and the shepherds and all, it happened at night.. not in the morning, hence.. we have Christmas Eve. :) ... ok.. sorry.. 

so Christmas this year ( Christmas Eve ), it was a joyous affair.. a beautiful church service, delicious dinner and gift opening.. lots of laughter and a movie once we all changed into the new PJs..

another special meal this morning and off they went, my girls that is... off to see their father for another Christmas celebration.. for the last 5 years this has been our experience .. for me this has meant spending Christmas day all by myself... very sad about that at first, I have been okay for a while now..

was listening to this song I love a lot, today, my heart filled again with gratitude and awe.. for what Christmas really means to us who believe.. not in Santa Clause or anything like that.. but in what God has done that night so very long ago.. 

The kings of this world 
Have torn it apart
But we can take heart
A baby will come

To the hungry and meek
To those who grieve
To the broken, in need
A baby will come

We have known pain
We’ve felt death’s sting
God, help us believe
This baby will come

The angel appeared
Said do not fear
For peace is here
A baby has come

The advent of life
Let hope arise
We’ve our Savior and Christ
The Baby has come

We’ve waited so long
God, for Your mighty arm
May our doubts ever calm
For the Baby has come

The proud will be low
The humble will know
They’re valued and loved
For the Baby has come

Cause the kings of this world
Won’t have the last word
That, God, is Yours
For the Baby has come

no more doubts, no more questions no one can answer, we can know we are valued and loved, because, not the rulers of this world, but God will have the last word.. the victory was won by that little tiny baby boy that was born that precious night so long ago.. He being without sin chose to give His life for those that would believe in Him.. through His death the questions are answered and I know why I am here, where I came from and where I am going...  His peace is mine and so is His love.. I am never alone, no matter if I am sitting at home with my children celebrating with their Dad somewhere else or in the midst of all those that I love.. 
this year I am not alone.. and for that I am thankful.. but whatever life will bring, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, there will always be hope... for the baby has come...

Praise be to God from whom all blessings flow.. His love knows no boundaries and He reigns forever and ever... He is mighty to save and He does care.. thankful He has loved me first.....

No comments:

Post a Comment