Thursday, December 4, 2014

..... the locusts did eat it ... but BEHOLD... HE is restoring it all :)



it's in the middle of the night and my cough has woken me up..
I am sick and I don't like it.
I really don't have time for it.
bags are packed, I am ready to go... not leaving yet but in a few hours.
leaving on a jet plane.. to visit one of the two places I have found in the last few years, that plaster a huge smile on my face as soon as I get there..... never to leave until I depart..

just lately that smile appears in the same way when thinking of, talking to or looking into the eyes of that most wonderful man that the Lord has brought into my life...

I am going to meet him there too..
so... really NO time at all to be sick considering we will together, in less than 13 hours, attend a Christmas concert of this artist, that over the last 5 years has been instrumental in drawing me closer to the One and Only...

reflecting on just how blessed I am this comes to mind:

Blessed Be Your Name
In the land that is plentiful 
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name

Every blessing You pour out 
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering 
Though there's pain in the offering 
Blessed be Your name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

a year ago I had been wondering if there were some huge blessing coming my way and I kind of couldn't believe it or receive it.. but today I am believing it alright..
my arms are wide open, as wide open as they were when one thing after another was taken away ... surrendering it all to Him I trusted Him to be there for me..

right now.. my arms are open and I am receiving the most over abundant blessings I have ever known... and my heart overflows with gratitude and joy...

so, sick or not sick.. I am thankful I can embark on this little trip in a few hours... my heart and my soul are smiling and I am not sure if that smile can get any bigger once my feet touch the ground in that favourite place of mine  and once that favourite person of mine has arrived as well..... 
it probably will :)


“I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten—
    the great locust and the young locust,
    the other locusts and the locust swarm—
my great army that I sent among you.
 You will have plenty to eat, until you are full,
    and you will praise the name of the Lord your God,
    who has worked wonders for you;
never again will my people be shamed.
Joel 2:25-26

When the Lord restored the fortunes of Zion,
    we were like those who dreamed.
Our mouths were filled with laughter,
    our tongues with songs of joy.
Then it was said among the nations,
    “The Lord has done great things for them.”
 The Lord has done great things for us,
    and we are filled with joy.
Psalm 126:1-3

Praise be to Him, for He is faithful!



No comments:

Post a Comment