Wednesday, December 10, 2014

... letting go, stepping back and seeing the bigger picture...





"The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing."

Way back when, when I first went and met my Daddy in heaven in this amazingly perfect way, when for the first time He showed me how He was holding me in His arms, looking me into the eyes and telling me that He wanted to know everything about me.. when He held me so that I could hear His heartbeat.. this was one of the scriptures that I had read and let sink into my heart.. this was the picture of Him and me He had given me and for many years this has been one of my "go to places" when things are difficult in this broken and often so cruel world..

today.. in His perfect timing, He, the Sovereign Lord over all creation has seen it fit to reveal this to me on a totally different level...

today.. after I have learned by living through all kinds of valleys and heartaches to trust Him, depend on Him, go to Him for everything, love Him and serve Him . after I have learned to open my hands and hold lose what I have.. ( relationships and things ) I have been stepping back, surrendering my desires and hopes and fully submitting to His will... 

and.. tada... what a different kind of scenery I can see .. I am getting a better picture of what He is doing, I am able to see the landscape surrounding my life and those moments that are hard and complicated, I can see a bigger picture and it makes more sense.. I am realizing how narrow my vision has been... 

the more I am letting go of the need to control, the more I can fathom how perfect His plan really is... and even when, and I am sure it is "when" and not "if"... there will be more difficulty and conflict, I will not need to hold on tighter and lose my new perspective..

as I understand more about my need for Him I will continue to draw close and closer and the closer I get to where He is, the more will I see things the way He sees them.. and it will all fall into place..

so today... I can receive the blessing of having someone in my life who rejoices over me and delights in me, someone who quiets me with his love . someone who through his kindness shows me, in a human way, some of what that love that my Father in Heaven and my Saviour, the Lover of my soul have for me, looks like.. and wow, does it ever blow me away.... as we are both focusing on the Father and acknowledging Him to be the source of anything good in our lives, we can truly rejoice in His goodness to us... together we will give Him all the glory and wait expectantly ....

all I can say is WOW... how good is He.. I love Him  ( and him :) ... blessed beyond what I could ever have imagined..


No comments:

Post a Comment