Saturday, September 7, 2013

... whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother.....

family obligations... honor your parents... childhood trauma .. healing... pleasing God not men....
love your neighbour like yourself...  "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers"... "Who are my mother and my brothers?” Jesus asked. Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does God’s will is my brother and sister and mother."

so......... Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.....

not being liked for my stand in regards to certain family issues...
was wounded and trampled upon... then Jesus stepped in, and I found healing and purpose, I am now trying to live my life pleasing God, not men,
honoring my parents, being there for them, dealing with consequences of lives lived inconsiderately and selfishly by them..... how does that look, with my values so different than theirs... what will it mean?

doing good, my family of believers, my calling, my ministry, my children.... on the other side of the equation the ruins of lives driven by greed and narcissism... forgiveness yes, but to be pulled back into it all?????????

not sure, I have to admit.. loving my parents, and walking alongside them when sickness strikes, trying to share my hope with them and praying for them always.... those are no brainers...

"“No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money."

it's the truth, that's what it all comes down to.... so, who am I pleasing, who I am to please?
persecution to be expected... healthy boundaries needed... out of His love will I love them and minister to them, help them as much as I can, without losing focus, still having my eyes fixed on what life is all about......... a light in the darkness... by His strength only... exhausting and overwhelming it is.. no doubt..

getting where they are, since this is the truth too:

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal.  But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."

Oh Lord have mercy.


No comments:

Post a Comment