Saturday, September 28, 2013

... corrupt in nature.. Pride is the root of all evil....




just read a little booklet on humility...by Andrew Murray....

humbled I have shed tears, my heart has been stirred and I am yearning to live in humility every day of my life... depending solely on the Lord, knowing that I am nothing and all that is good in me is from the Lord, that I am a sinner, I have nothing to offer to Jesus .... all the days of my life I am committed to follow in His footsteps.....


 In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus:

 Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be used to his own advantage;
 rather, he made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
 And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death—
        even death on a cross!
Philippians 2:5-8


there is no way that I am able to live this way, only through the power of the Holy Spirit in me am I able to do this... realizing that only in my utter dependance on Him can I ever be stripped of the pride in me....

"Praise God! the work has been done, and finished and perfected forever. The death of Jesus, once and forever, is our death to self. And the ascension of Jesus, His entering once and for ever into the Holiest, has given us the Holy Spirit to communicate to us in power, and make our very own, the power of the death-life. As the soul, in the pursuit and practice of humility, follows in the steps of Jesus, its consciousness of the need of something more is awakened, its desire and hope is quickened, its faith is strengthened, and it learns to look up and claim and receive that true fullness of the Spirit of Jesus, which can daily maintain His death to self and sin in its full power, and make humility the all pervading spirit of our life."


on my journey to know Him more and lead a life pleasing to Him, through drawing near to Him daily, He has been working in me .... this next quote from the book by Andrew Murray resonates with me because this has become a reality for me.. Praise be to God!

"The presence of God becomes not a thing of times and seasons, but the covering under which the soul ever dwells, and its deep abasement before God becomes the holy place of His presence whence all its words and works proceed."

I know that only He through me, me being the empty vessel available for Him to use, is at work whenever there is fruit, whenever anything wholesome is said or done by me... I am so immensely thankful.... so humbled that He would love me so.... this is what Andrew Murray suggests we pray:

"..That of His great goodness He would make known to you, and take from your heart, every kind and form and degree of Pride, whether it be from evil spirits, or your own corrupt nature; and that He would awaken in you the deepest depth and truth of that Humility, which can make you capable of His light and Holy Spirit..."





No comments:

Post a Comment