Thursday, September 19, 2013

... focused on the needs of others..... #SoliDeoGloria


....Love patiently and passionately bears with others for as long as patience is needed; Love doesn't demand others to be like itself; rather it is so focused on the needs of others that it bends over backwards to become what others need it to be; Love is not ambitious, self-centred, or so consumed with itself that it never thinks of the needs or desires that others possess; Love doesn't go around talking about itself all the time, constantly exaggerating and embellishing the facts to make it look more important in the sight of others; Love does not behave in a prideful, arrogant, haughty, superior, snooty, snobbish, or clannish matter; Love is not rude and discourteous - Love always expects and anticipates the best in others; Love never quits, never surrenders, and never gives up, Love never disappoints, never fails and never lets anyone down......
1 Corinthians 13:4-8

taken from the Devotional "Sparkling Gems from the Greek" by Rick Renner...
such a high calling... and yet, how amazing if we all could love one another like that..

read 1 Timothy 1 :1-11 over the last week in my quiet time with my Father, and this is what jumped out at me:
The goal of this command is love, which comes from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith. 

 For through the Spirit we eagerly await by faith the righteousness for which we hope.  For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.
Galatians 5:5-6

If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
1 Corinthians 13:1

seems like there is a theme her... duh... obviously there is.......
agape love, God's love for us, in order to serve Him well, we need to ask Him to refine us in such a way that we can love the same way... otherwise we will not be very effective... the goal is to advance the Lord's work, the Gospel... through love.... 

in the last 6 months of my marriage I made it a habit to pray those 4 verses ( the "regular, not the extended version) every day asking the Lord to help me love my husband this way....
I realize now that I need to love everyone this way.... like I said, a high calling, but I have the Helper by my side, or should I say inside me, He won't give up on me, but mercifully pick me up when I fail and urge me on to try again...... He will complete the good work He started in me... I am eternally thankful for that..... #SoliDeoGloria

No comments:

Post a Comment