Tuesday, September 17, 2013

.. my GPS is set to "God of Zion"....




How lovely is your dwelling place,
    Lord Almighty!
 My soul yearns, even faints,
    for the courts of the Lord;
my heart and my flesh cry out
    for the living God.
Psalm 84:1-2

my heart... sickened by hope deferred, cries out for the Living God... my soul yearns, even faints, to be in His courts, in the presence of the Lord... and so.... putting my strength in you.. in my heart I know I have to be on the pilgrimage to this place....



Blessed are those whose strength is in you,
    whose hearts are set on pilgrimage.
 As they pass through the Valley of Baka,
    they make it a place of springs;
    the autumn rains also cover it with pools.
 They go from strength to strength,
    till each appears before God in Zion.
Psalm 84: 5-7

the valley of Baka, the Valley of Weeping, dry, acrid and difficult to wander through, it nevertheless is an unavoidable part of the journey, the path to where we want to go, the way to the dwelling place of the Lord, leads right through it......

the road through the Valley of Tears can be a blessed journey... it will be a blessed road, when my strength is in the Lord and Him alone... my heart that cries out for Him, the heart that is sick because it seems that hope had to be deferred, it can take strength in the Lord and it can be blessed... my heart needs strength to hope, even when all seems black, strength to obey, strength to suffer.. strength to go through the painful times...

when I press forward in on this course I  shall find God adding grace to grace, (John 1:16) . I shall be changed from glory to glory (2 Cor. 3:18), from one degree of glorious grace to another, until, finally, I appear before God in Zion, to give glory to him and receive blessings from him. growing in grace I shall, at last, be perfect in glory. and it will be all by His strength...

if my heart is set on Him, He will also give me direction .."Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee;
in whose heart are the ways of them" ( Authorized King James Version ) ..guided and directed by the Lord... because, who knows the way better than He :) I will need to surrender FULLY to His leading and trust Him...

passing through the Valley of Weeping, I make God my fountain... as I pass through the Valley of Weeping, all the water I have is tears, there's no fountains, there's no pools, there's no oasis, but by faith  God becomes my fountain .....  the tears fill the pools and so through the pain God provides.. ha

eventually.. I will arrive at my destination... if the GPS in my heart was set to "God in Zion" the blessing is in the arriving in the presence of the Lord.... 

Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
 My flesh and my heart may fail,
    but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.
Psalm 73:25-26

rejoicing in the journey, praising Him, I will keep my GPS set on Him, and Him alone....
and this I choose to believe : 

Blessed are those who keep his statutes
    and seek him with all their heart—
Psalm 119:2

No comments:

Post a Comment