Saturday, July 6, 2013

.. intended for evil.. turned to good...

..just had a wonderfully extended time with my Father....
funnily enough, anytime I come to him, He gives me all His attention and has so many things for me to understand and learn... I love Him a lot. :)

still studying through the 11th chapter of Hebrews.. all about the Superheroes of Faith...

interesting what God uses to get through to us.. let's face it, He knows us so well and since His Word is alive and sharper than a double-edged sword.. He always succeeds in making known what He wants me to get..

so the last week was a little harder, found myself sleeping a lot, blamed it on the weather, but I know too that I was just so very exhausted emotionally... after all, my Father performed some deep tissue surgery last weekend.. takes a soul a while to recover from that, as necessary and helpful as it is, it still requires some rehab after..

so today, as I was dwelling on Joseph's life, and the blessing his father Jacob bestowed on him and his sons, I all of a sudden thought it would be a good thing to write down what had been meant for evil throughout my life, and how God turned it into something good... how He increased my faith and my effectiveness..

then I wrote down how this last "meant for evil" ordeal 3 and 1/2 years ago has indeed increased my blessings and me being a blessing...

oh my goodness... there is soooooooo much that He has brought out of this.... it was good to list it all.

Joseph, who endured hardship because of others intending evil, was put in such a powerful earthly place, that he in turn was able to bless many, even those that put him in the pit in the first place..
his father ended up giving him pre-eminence when blessing all his sons and indeed, the blessing really started becoming true after Jacob passed away... the increase in numbers exploded..

for me... I never before had ventured outside the walls of the church so to speak, taking the gospel to the lost... I now have had the privilege to lead a few to the Lord and walk beside them on their journey...
even my mother, this wonderfully stubborn German lady I love so much...
God provided for a life that has had me stable and secure despite the turmoil, again, intended for evil....

He has blessed me by increasing the circle of my influence of blessing and encouragement...
He has showered me with new friends, both through the ministry He called me to and through the healing blessings like becoming one of those crazy fans of this one Christian artist...
y'all know who you are and my life has been enriched to an extend I would have never been able to imagine...

I have freedom to be the passionate Christian I am... to give of my time freely..

so, thanks to what my Father shared with me when I climbed up on His knees today, I am once again able to fix my eyes on Him and what He is doing, rather than on my unmet, legitimate needs..
He has a plan, and it was good to make an inventory of just how marvellous that plan is....
for me, writing it all down really helps....

To Him alone be the Glory #SoliDeoGloria


No comments:

Post a Comment