Monday, July 15, 2013

..consecrated feet seeking out the lost....


The highest form of worship is the worship of unselfish Christian service. The greatest form of praise is the sound of consecrated feet seeking out the lost and helpless. —Billy Graham

today, at Hope for Life, ministering to those the Lord has entrusted to our care, my heart was once more overflowing with thanksgiving...

the thing is, whenever we are worshipping, may it be by serving God or in our quiet time with Him, or during our Sunday service, when we are expressing our love, gratitude and amazement to our God and are showing the world how much He means to us, He turns it around and makes it a blessing for us..

when I am looking to Him, when I am all about Him, that's when I feel His love the most.. that's when I feel the closest... when I take my eyes of myself, my needs and hang ups, when nothing is distracting me, that's when I know that I know that I know how much I mean to Him..

Make me a servant, humble and meek
Lord, let me lift up, those who are weak.
And may the prayer of my heart always be;
Make me a servant, make me a servant,
Make me a servant, today.

having a heart for the weak, the disenfranchised, the forgotten and rejected, that's what Jesus was all about.. obviously when walking in His footsteps will we be nice and close to Him...

this has been my song for the last few years... 

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord

He has indeed laid out the good deeds in advance for us... let us be faithful to His call and live a life of service worshipping the Lord of Lords... He will be faithful and bless us as we are serving Him while we are waiting!



No comments:

Post a Comment