Friday, July 19, 2013

... raising the flag and pointing to Christ.....


have been sharing with a new friend about what got me to where I am now for the last little while and talking about the time brings the memories back a bit more...

it is great for me to feel the healing that God has brought about in me.. I can talk about it and in a way do what God tells me not to do during the healing process, which is to dwell on it, and yet...

all that comes to mind and is felt is how God has used this and all it meant to me and my girls for the good and will continue to do so ...

all that comes to mind is that He has indeed proven Himself to be faithful.....

read a Devotion on verse 4 of Psalm 23:

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me. 

by James Mac Donald this morning...
and in it he said this:

"Never does the faith of a believer shine brighter than in the most difficult moments. I’ve seen people who have tragically lost every member of their family, yet respond in godly ways to the most desperate and devastating of circumstances. In those valleys, the people of God raise the flag and point to Christ."

when thinking of something that could happen, we are right to feel we could never do that... the truth is we can never do that... but with HIM we can...

I love the way James Mac Donald put it.... we "raise the flag"..... we are soldiers of Christ, He is our strength and for and through Him we raise the flag... His flag, for His honor, His glory....

it is for His glory and our blessing that He allows and even orchestrates the hardships....
if we are brave and courageous, and even the weakest can be that way ( remember in our weakness He is strong and His grace is sufficient ) we will raise the flag of our allegiance to Christ and point to Him from whom our strength and our joy comes, no matter the circumstances....

so, what "someone" means for evil, Satan still has to get permission from God for, and He, God, because He knows where we are and most of all where it will bring us, allows it.... He is sovereign over us.. perfect in love, His plans will always be to prosper us and not to harm us...

crawl up into your Daddy's lap... He will carry you through... look to Him and obediently walk with Him through the valley..... the valley of the shadow of death... ( shadow implying that there is light present ) and He will bring you out on the other side, you will be more like Him and the glory will be His...

let's face it, that's why we are here... why else would He not have taken us with Him to Heaven the moment He saved us..... ( it's so much better there... no more tears... )
#SoliDeoGloria

No comments:

Post a Comment