Monday, July 30, 2012

victory over sin and temptation.. winning one battle at a time..

every day / night struggles.... we all face them... they are all different and yet the same.. it is always about not being obedient..
what do you struggle with??? is it contentment??? forgiveness??? being patient with your children??? gossip?? a critical spirit?? responding in anger??? holding on to hurt???
for me the trigger is the loneliness and the sometimes overwhelming need for affection ...
in the past, this is when I would "go looking"... online ( for a potential husband ) , ... stepping into the world like that has had it's temptations ( of compromising what I stand for ).. at times I have felt I could not be strong enough to say no to these... the devil works in sneaky, sneaky ways...
for quite some time though, I , by His grace I have been able to be strong and walk away.... but just lately, for some reason the assault has been stepped up... looks like Satan has launched another full on attack...
a year ago that could have been utterly detrimental for me..
not this time... thanks to my Jesus:


For surely it is not angels he helps, but Abraham’s descendants.  For this reason he had to be made like them, fully human in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.  Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted. ( Hebrews 2: 16-18 )

in this morning's quiet time this passage jumped out at me... putting into words what has been going on for me... and He indeed has been more than able to help me facing the temptation and choosing to walk away from it..

the battle was won, the war I am sure hasn't been... but there is hope.. last years assaults were launched far more often and victory was not always mine.. there have been fewer battles lately and so far we are winning... Jesus and I that is.. Praise Him for standing with me and giving me a way out..

a new day.. I will rejoice and be glad in it!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment