Wednesday, July 25, 2012

...a time to be born and a time to die..

it's been one of those days... so much swirling around in my mind.. bear with me as I am going to try to make sense of it..

got the news last night that a wonderful lady from my church went home to be with the Lord.. she was a stellar prayer warrior and wonderful role model and she will be missed so very, very much...
she had been longing to be able to go after a stroke 9 months ago had put her into assisted living..
expecting this to happen I was still stunned.. lately, with my mother's health problems fear has tried to enter my heart, the awareness that we could lose her rather quickly much higher now than it has ever been..

a client of Hope for Life came with her newborn baby boy to start the parenting sessions, what a cute little boy he is.. new life and new hope and opportunity, a young girl so determined to do all she can, she always is such a  blessing to me..

over the last few days I have been researching and reading a lot about men and women in the Bible, their roles in marriage and in the church, and I just listened to a great sermon online...

I agree totally, not just lately but thanks to the great biblical teaching I have received about this topic, I have embraced that very long ago..  still, something struck me this evening..
talking about how we are so different, men and women, not better or worse, just different to together make a better "one", the pastor shared his findings from a poll he had conducted in his church..

biggest need for a woman: to be loved, cherished and romanced..
biggest need for a man: to be respected and admired..

knew that.. but all of a sudden it became so very clear..... the longing to be in a relationship.. so very strong , no wonder, it is the biggest need of a woman... great ...

well, so I am doing the right thing, by going to the One who loves me the most, but still..

another thing I have been thinking about lately.. and something I read today put it to rest...
"time spent waiting on the Lord is NOT wasted time" wow... that's a biggie..... goes nicely along with my decision to give up on my search for that man God has for me, and rather just wait on Him...
the time is not wasted, no matter if and how many years here on earth I end up having the privilege to spend with a godly man... I will rejoice one day when the time will come to go home to the lover of my soul...

time with Him here, and ultimately eternity with Him in Heaven is what I was made for...
ha... that's all.. Good night...


1 comment:

  1. hmmm this post and the theme of your blog seem to match up nicely with 2 poems I have written. I will email them to you. I love reading these blog posts. Thanks Miriam!

    ReplyDelete