Monday, July 23, 2012

coping mechanisms and MERCY...

have you ever felt TOTALLY overwhelmed????
what do you do when that happens?
today we call what we do coping mechanisms..
we all have them.. some we are aware of and others we are not..

did you know that anger and aggression is contagious?
lashing out is one way some people deal with being overwhelmed or frustrated..

it runs in my family and I thank the Lord that most of the time I do not respond this way anymore when overwhelmed and frustrated..

just now, I  had to do what I do now when I realize that the issues I have had to deal with overwhelm me.. in the last 7 hours other than pain and feeling extremely uncomfortable with my partials, and the way they make me sound ( like an old granny with dentures.. ) , trouble has been brewing on 7 levels..
each issue in and of itself is troublesome enough to have me on my knees..
I have and am praying and lifting them up to the Lord consistently ..
and yet... I just had to do what I do when it just gets to be too much...
I cry out.. and all I say is have mercy on us, Lord......
I let go of all of it and hand it to Him who, contrary to me, can deal with it.

cast your cares on Him.. this is what His Word tells us to do:


Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. ( 1 Peter 5: 6+7 )


Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you, he will never let the righteous fall. ( Psalm 55: 22 )

and lastly.. this one:

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. ( Philippians 4: 6+7 )

there is a song, from MWS, I used to listen to when things where too tough to pray more than 
"Lord have mercy" 

Lord have mercy
Christ have mercy 
Lord have mercy on me

and He has, on me and on all those I have lifted up to Him right now....







No comments:

Post a Comment