Thursday, May 29, 2014

... knots in my stomach ... and GOD is GOOD anyways...


a day before the day... the day when all was going to come to the wanted and "planned for" conclusion..

well.. the last 3 weeks have been hard.. and God has been good. and yet... they have been hard...

living by faith.. somehow we think that God will change us in a mysterious, miraculous fairy-tale kind of a way... and that then we will just sail through those tough storms and trials, always learning, always growing and because of what He is doing it all is not really that bad... and wow... look at us.. we are so mature and so wise and all is just great and will turn out just wonderfully...

well... n*e*w*s*f*l*a*s*h*......... it does look a little different.. not that easy breezy... that's for sure..

I have moved.. I love my new place and I feel so very blessed...

depending on Him like this... holding on for dear life... it makes one aware.. so much more aware that  anything that is in any way nice... is a gift from the Lord...

"if everything in your life is in God's hands, you see God's hand in everything"

the more one becomes aware of how fragile things are and how much we do not have anything under control .. the more we see God and His sovereignty..

so tomorrow... the day .. it's not going to happen as planned..

leading up to this there was fear, anxiety, hurt and disappointment... there were knots in my stomach and not a lot of sleep... there were phone calls and all kinds of attempts to deal with things that were tough...

then there were prayers and verses and peace, there was forgiveness and ... there was still joy... and hope... even though it didn't come easily to hold on to that, as so many things kept going wrong... God always came through. in some way or another..

in it all... His hand is evident in all of this..

so the stress will go on.. prayers are still coveted... for His will to be done.. whatever that will mean.. I am thanking Him and praising Him for what He is doing..
because, even though this has been tough.. it must be best... because otherwise He, whose plans are never thwarted.. would not have orchestrated this like this..

He is good, all the time.. no matter how it might look this side of heaven...

I've heard the thunder before
I'm not a stranger to storms
Even in the flood
I can always run
To where You are

I've had to wait in the dark
And hold the truth in my heart
Even in the night
Still You open wide
Your faithful arms

And I hide myself
Where I find my help
And I hide myself
I find only rest
Find only peace
Beneath Your wings

You are the refuge that stands
You hold my world in Your hands
The quiet in the noise
The stillness of Your voice
Will be enough

And I hide myself
Where I find my help
And I hide myself
I find only rest
Find only peace
Beneath Your wings

And it's Your presence alone
That changes all that I know
'Til all that I know
Is just Your presence alone
I'm safe in Your shadow

And I hide myself
Where I find my help
And I hide myself
I find only rest
Find only peace
Beneath Your wings

Hide myself
Michael W Smith
#SOVEREIGN




No comments:

Post a Comment