Wednesday, May 21, 2014

.. Keep calm, Trust and Obey.....



the walking through the mud and the mess continues. it seems there is no shortage of new and messier things. quite the adventure if I liked stuff like this. it freaks me out.

praying and trusting and more praying and trusting. seeking for guidance and praying and trusting.
something dawned on me today:

"being a Christian means doing what is right no matter if those around you do, no matter what "common sense" or worldly wisdom might advise us to do. no matter how scary and foolish it might look or feel."

when pushed into a corner and threatened like this, when having received help from someone that cannot fathom the wisdom that comes from God...

still: "being a Christian means doing what is right. no matter what."

for me, it is all I could do. actually straying off the path that God has laid out for me scares the bejeebees  ( no idea how to spell this at all ;)  out of me...

when this all went down almost two weeks ago I knew that God would have a lot of stuff He wanted to do through this.,.. there had to be some significant stuff He wanted to do.. because, come one, this was tough. why put me through this if not for a very good reason.

can see more now, the testimony this all will be to
"being a Christian means doing what is right even though all hell breaks lose"

and really: being a Christian, that's being a person, born again by the Spirit of the living God, His laws written on my heart, a dependence on Him and a love for Him... His strength available to me and His peace.
a trust in Him, in a way that I guess defies any human wisdom or ability.

that's what being a Christian is. a grateful follower of Jesus Christ. interesting how now I am the one that is less scared, not driven by fear but obedience, there is such freedom in that.

praying that those that see will believe one day too.

To Him Alone be the GLORY forever and ever AMEN!






No comments:

Post a Comment