Friday, May 16, 2014

.. Father you are king over the flood......



Friday evening. a long weekend. usually a great source of joy, for me, right now,  this means  I will not find out anything about what is going on until at least Tuesday, probably not even in the morning, but rather later in the day...

this is tough. I know that I can trust God. I don't know how it will all look. I know He knows best and yet. there is peace. there is anxiety. He is doing what He is doing and it will be good. I know it and yet. there is fear. not horrible fear. just some I cannot shake sometimes.

just saw this posted:  Find rest my soul, in God alone...

made me remember this song I love:


Hide me now
Under Your wings
Cover me
Within Your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father you are King over the flood
I will be still, know You are God

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know His power
In quietness and trust

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with You above the storm
Father You are king over the flood
I will be still, know You are God

singing this, meditating on what my Jesus said:

"Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30

I think I will just hang with Him tonite




No comments:

Post a Comment