Monday, January 13, 2014

..we gotta let the light shine...


this is a picture of the first lighthouse I laid eyes on... the lighthouse in Nordwijk on Zee, Holland....

since then, and really in the last 2 years or so I have become very intrigued and interested in lighthouses... I LOVE them, I want to go see them, I want to take pictures of them, I  follow many people on instagram and Facebook that post pictures of my beloved lighthouses...there is nothing quite as pretty I think anyways... ok... so, listening to this song this morning, I was once again reminded why they fascinate me so.....



Every secret, every shame 
Every fear, every pain 
Live inside the dark 
But that's not who we are 
We are children of the day 

So wake up sleeper, lift your head 
We were meant for more than this 
Fight the shadows conquer death 
Make the most of the time we have left 

We are the light of the world 
We are the city on a hill 
We are the light of the world 
We gotta, we gotta, we gotta let the light shine 

We are called to the spread the news 
Tell the world the simple truth 
Jesus came to save, there's freedom in His Name 
So let it all break through 

We are the light of the world 
We are the city on a hill 
We are the light of the world 
We gotta, we gotta, we gotta let the light shine 



as Christians we are the light, the Light is in us, Jesus, who came to shine His light into the darkness, the One who, when we were still in the darkness, lifted us up into His marvellous light.. He is in us, and no matter how broken and even discouraged and struggling we are .... WE GOTTA LET THE LIGHT SHINE....







in "light" of this , I am now memorizing this prayer from Colossians 1...  may you be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding,  so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.  May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy,  giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son,  in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

because I need the reminder, I need the power He has for me, I need His endurance and patience and most of all His JOY... so that others can see the light shine... I, we all, need to be the beacon on the hill, the light that shines in the darkness...

so by His grace, let's be the light that shines....






No comments:

Post a Comment