Friday, January 3, 2014

.. restore the sparkle to my eye.....


O Lord, how long will you forget me? Forever?
    How long will you look the other way?
 How long must I struggle with anguish in my soul,
    with sorrow in my heart every day?
    How long will my enemy have the upper hand?
 Turn and answer me, O Lord my God!
    Restore the sparkle to my eyes, or I will die.
 Don’t let my enemies gloat, saying, “We have defeated him!”
    Don’t let them rejoice at my downfall.
 But I trust in your unfailing love.
    I will rejoice because you have rescued me.
 I will sing to the Lord
    because he is good to me.

Psalm 13

read this yesterday and once again Your Word, Your wonderful Word, alive and sharp as a double edged sword, has been at work in my heart....
went grocery shopping yesterday, and even though the freezing cold assaulted me on the way from the car into the store, seeing little people talk to their moms while shopping for food brought delight to my heart..
speaking with my mother, who You watched over and helped the doctors with her care, oh Lord... speaking with her once again filled my heart with love and compassion.. clinging to You for her.. who else do I have in Heaven but you..
frost quakes and a winter as horrific as they come just 13 days into it .. and yet, the Son is shining..

thanking You for closing doors, for Your plans, that are faultless and informed by Your endless mercy and love. I know it. 

this is true:

Your eternal word, O Lord,
    stands firm in heaven.
 Your faithfulness extends to every generation,
    as enduring as the earth you created.
 Your regulations remain TRUE to this day,
    for everything serves your plans.
 If your instructions hadn’t sustained me with joy,
    I would have died in my misery.
 I will never forget your commandments,
    for by them you give me life.
 I am yours; rescue me!
   
Psalm 119: 89 - 94

You have restored the sparkle to my eyes... by Your Word you give me life.. Your Word sustains me with Joy... and because I am yours, I know you rescue me.... 

"I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint.”
Jeremiah 31: 25
AMEN






No comments:

Post a Comment