Thursday, May 2, 2013

..will He not give us everything else???


Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. 
Hebrews 11: 1


ha.. how fitting to read this this morning.... trying to get to the bottom of my sadness a friend just asked me some probing questions.....

what I found was interesting and really has a lot to do with this verse in Hebrews chapter 11.

with an earthly father who was never "safe", where horrific downpours of cruelty were threatening at all times, where no real blessing of even being important in some way could ever be seen...
I learned early on to not expect anything and be ok with the suffering and the neglect.........

as much as I have met my Heavenly Father on a very different level before, I guess I still don't quite believe that "what I hope for will actually happen"... and so I do what I know best... I assume the worst and be ok with it.... I accept suffering and strive to be who He wants me to be...

I know that when we suffer we also know Him in His suffering, that we are to take up our cross daily, that God is more interested in us becoming more holy, like Him, rather than our happiness... 

 but because of how I was conditioned, I totally overlook that loving Father's heart... that heart that is inclined in a very loving way to want to give me the desire of my heart.....
that He delights in blessing me.... and even though He has orchestrated the suffering that has refined me in the past and will continue to grow me up somehow He also wants me to be sure of the things I hope for...... because He loves me...

I know that when He saved me He already gave me the best gift ever.. I usually take this as I don't even need anything more, He definitely doesn't owe me anything.... but I forget, just can't get me little frightened head and heart around the fact that indeed He wants to give me so much more...

If God is for us, who can ever be against us?  Since he did not spare even his own Son but gave him up for us all, won’t he also give us everything else? 
Romans 8: 31+32

He wants to give more than He did in giving His son, He wants me to have faith in the things hoped for... and He promises this:

Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.
Hebrews 11: 6

For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6: 32-34

with Him, I can deal with what I have to day by day, in His love, as I seek Him, He will bless me and reward me... He will give me all things, since He already has given me His son.... so what's the problem? I struggle to trust Him.... I know it in my head, but not in my heart... He knows the desires of my heart and He will give them to me, in His time... Thank you, Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment